We Are Green.
We are committed to doing our part to guard our ecological systems, reduce energy consumption and address climate change. We are always working to minimize the effect we might have on the environment.
Unlike many other body shops, we use waterborne basecoat refinish solutions like Envirobase High Performance and Aquabase Plus. They represent significant advancements in reducing greenhouse gases and improving the quality of the air we breath without sacrificing quality and performance.
FACT: For a shop that mixes an average of 1 gallon of solvent borne base coat per week, the move to waterborne base coat annually saves over 300 lbs of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from being emitted into the air we breathe. This is equivalent to taking more than 1,000 vehicles off of the road annually.
Moreover, we do the little things that help our environment:
- Waterborne basecoat and low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) products
- High-volume, low-pressure (HVLP) spray guns
- PPG TouchMix ® computerized paint mixing to reduce waste
- Employ a ventilated or prefabricated mixing room
- Store and reuse leftover primers and basecoats
- A paint solvent recycling machine
- An automated gun cleaner
- A high-velocity, low-volume vacuum sanding systemonsider.
- Change ventilation filters regularly
- Follow EPA guidelines for proper waste management
- Eco-friendly cleaning products for general cleaning
- Energy Star appliances and energy-saving lighting and HVAC